SciGene Automation Instruments
Complete automation of the aCGH workflow — from DNA to Scanner.
Improve test reproducibility and lower costs, while saving hours of valuable hands-on time with the full suite of SciGene automation instruments from OGT. These instruments provide clinical geneticists with a powerful way to automate their entire microarray workflow, from DNA labelling and purification, through hybridisation, to array washing and drying.
SciGene Automation Instruments deliver:
- High quality, reproducible data through minimised process variability
- Reduced processing time and operating costs
- Control of potentially damaging ozone levels in your lab
High quality, reproducible data through minimised process variability
Reducing the variation that occurs when samples are processed manually ensures that only the true biological variability in your samples is identified, thereby giving you greater confidence in your results.
Reduced processing time and operating costs
Automating the aCGH workflow enables sample processing using 96-well plates. This allows a single technician to process 48 samples (48 reference and 48 test samples per plate) at a time, thereby delivering significant savings in both time and operating costs.
Control of potentially damaging Ozone levels in your lab
Ozone can rapidly degrade cyanine 5 (Cy5), the fluorescent dye commonly used to label DNA or RNA in microarray experiments. Cyanine 3 (Cy3) is much less affected by ozone, meaning that the degradation of the Cy5 channel in any two-colour microarray experiment will result in an incorrect Cy5/Cy3 ratio, resulting in unreliable data. We supply a range of ozone cabinets built to accommodate scanners and automation instruments that provide a safe, ozone-controlled environment for array processing.
ArrayPrep® Target Preparation
Uniquely designed for preparing microarray samples using all leading labelling chemistries. Automates DNA labelling, purification, hybridisation, sample preparation and slide loading of 8 to 96 samples.
Mai Tai® Hybridisation System
Complete hybridisation system for Agilent microarrays consisting of rotating oven with convection heating system, hybridisation cassettes and rotator. Cassettes hold up to 4 slides each. Rotator holds up to 8 cassettes (32 slides) for rotational mixing during incubation.
Little Dipper® Microarray Processor
Automates post-hybridisation array processing. Controls wash time, agitation, buffer temperatures and drying using an integrated centrifuge. Batches of 1 to 24 slides are processed using pre-loaded or customised protocols for aCGH, gene expression, miRNA and ChIP-chip applications.
- Little Dipper Microarray Processor for Agilent Arrays
- Little Dipper Microarray Processor for Illumina
- Little Dipper Microarray Processor for Roche NimbleGen
- Little Dipper Microarray Processor for FISH
Bench top enclosure with external, high efficiency ozone filtration system that provides a clean, ozone-safe, low light workspace for microarray work. Use with the Little Dipper Processor or for manual sample preparation and slide processing. Maintains an ozone level below 5 parts per billion (ppb).
- NoZone WS Workspace — fits the Little Dipper Processor and Hybex Incubator
- NoZone TL Workspace — fits the Little Dipper Processor or Agilent DNA Microarray Scanner
- NoZone GP Workspace — fits any Axon GenePix Scanner
Additional SciGene products available from OGT
- Hybex® Incubators — for microarray or enzyme incubations
- Hybridisation ovens — hybridisation incubators with proven performance
- Gemini® waterbath — a twin shaking waterbath with dual low profile chambers and independent temperature control
Contact us today to discuss your automation requirements and receive a quotation